We are currently seeking an energetic Sales Development Representative. This position is an integral part of the sales and marketing Lead-to-Revenue machine. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop leads and opportunities from multiple sources including prospect lists, discovery and individual research. The primary responsibility is to qualify, nurture and close prospect opportunities in both a self and inbound generated manner. This is a highly incentivised, bonus-driven position with the opportunity to earn £50K+ within 2 years
Volcanic is a high-growth B2B SaaS company and we are building a new team that will help accelerate revenues, scale the business and create sustainable customer value. We are a key enabler of our customers’ Digital Strategy, helping them deliver better customer experiences, improve operations and generate high levels of revenue. This is a great opportunity for you to grow with us!
Reporting Relationships: This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and will have significant collaboration with the Sales, Business Development and Marketing teams. The role is based in our Liverpool office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding monthly sales targets
- Follow up promptly and diligently on leads and inquiries, delivering a positive prospect experience throughout the process
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up qualification in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Perform needs assessment and quickly identify prospects pain points to determine how Volcanics solutions address those needs
- Conduct outbound telemarketing activities against targeted accounts, prospect lists, and other call campaigns
- Build and increase industry knowledge and acumen to position Volcanics value proposition to multiple vertical segments
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in the CRM system (hubspot.com)
- Promote database cleanup and hygiene through regular and ongoing maintenance activities.
- Conduct research to expand prospect list using LinkedIn and other methods
Required Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 years of sales, marketing or business development experience is required
- 1+ Years of Software Sales experience preferred; SaaS or subscription sales is a major plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening)
- Drive, conscientiousness and perseverance to conduct outbound contacts daily
- A dynamic “hunter” personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential
- Team oriented with an ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment