This is a key position in ensuring preparations and readiness for 'go-live’ of the new GDPR. The GDPR Project Manager will be responsible for providing project management expertise and organising the activities required to ensure that compliance is met for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations in 2018.
- Assisting in the comprehensive review of GDPR requirements and their impact on practices and procedures;
- Project managing the implementation of the organisation’s GDPR project, to ensure full compliance with all processes and procedures by May 2018;
- Working across the organisation and community to put in place monitoring of compliance with the Regulations, with other EU or local data protection provisions and with the data protection policies, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness raising and training of staff involved in processing operations throughout the organisation;
- Providing leadership in the project to meet the project's objectives.
In addition to the above, you will carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
You will be required to travel within Europe in this role, and may occasionally be required to travel outside Europe.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- Experience in Information Governance, Data Protection and regulatory change roles
- Project Management experience with suitable qualifications
- Significant practical experience of delivering several large cross-organisational projects or programmes