I'm often asked what makes a good recruitment website design. As a specialist in this field, I find that there always a balance to be had between the design of a recruitment website and the function of that website.
If you think about what the commodity of a recruitment business is...... its people.
As I spend a lot of time looking at recruitment websites and what makes a good design,the problems tend to repeat, The most common mistakes are: -
- They talk about themselves too much.
- The pictures are not real (there are a lot of incredibly good looking recruiters!!)
- The sites are hard to interact with.
- The site tends to be out of date, technically or content wise
So what does good or even great recruitment design look like?
- Real people talking about real issues
- Expertise demonstrated
- Easy to use & interact with
- Fast - who has time to wait?
The actual deign and styling is about how you want to portray your brand but my best tip is that you should think about what your business goal is,
Volcanic's goal is not to do business with everybody who needs what you have. The goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.